Certificates and Endorsements
All courses offered by ECC partially fulfill the criteria required for specific certificates and endorsements for the state of Arizona. It is suggested that each student verify with the Arizona Department of Education eligibility for previous course work prior to enrolling in a class. ECC highly recommends that students contact the Arizona Department of Education regarding any certification or endorsement changes that can be made within 60 days as dictated by the state.
Arizona Principal Certificate
Requirements for Arizona Principal Certificate
- Master’s degree
- Passing score on the professional knowledge portion of the AAPA Exam
- Passing score on the performance portion of the AAPE Exam
- 3 years of verified teaching experience in grades PreK-12
- Completion of courses in educational administration for principals from an accredited institution including at least 30 graduate semester hours of educational administration courses
- Completion of courses: Legality of School Finance and School Law
** Principal Practicum from an accredited institution
This is not a Master’s Degree Program.Note: These credits are professional development units that are not part of a degree program but instead are primarily used for professional advancement (such as salary increment steps and re-certification.) Students should seek approval of appropriate district or college officials before enrolling in these courses to satisfy any degree, state credential, or local school district requirements. State licensing departments vary regarding their criteria for credit acceptance, and some states may not accept credit from universities that are located outside the state.